Rugged Maniac is seeking energetic volunteers to assist with course management and all race day festivities. Volunteers provide support to the thousands of participants as they take on 25+ epic obstacles (fire jumps, water slides, trampolines, and underground tunnels) along a 3-mile course and celebrate in a day-long festival of fun!
We rely on the dedication of volunteers to make Rugged Maniac a success, so please consider joining the Maniac Team!
• All volunteers are required to register through the EnMotive volunteer registration page. The sign-up page shows all available individual volunteer opportunities available for that specific Rugged Maniac. Please make sure you are available for the duration of the listed time frame before registering for your desired position. Individual volunteers will assist with nearly every aspect of the event, including:
- Checking in racers & t-shirt distribution.
- Guiding & assisting runners at different obstacles.
- Organizing runners by wave at the start line and/or welcoming participants back at the finish line with water & finisher medals.
INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION LINKS
Need an Incentive? Volunteer and Race For FREE!
Individuals wishing to perform double duty (Racer & Volunteer) can do so by making a $50 deposit during the volunteer registration process.
- Morning Volunteers (7am-12:30pm) will be relieved of their volunteer duties at 12:30pm and can run in any wave after that.
- Afternoon Volunteers (11:30am-5pm) will need to run in any wave prior to 10am to ensure they return in time for their volunteer duties at 11:30am.
All volunteers opting into a free race registration MUST fulfill their volunteer commitment to be eligible for a free race registration and $50 refunded deposit.
Individuals participating as a Racer & Volunteer will receive all the perks included in a race entry and a BONUS SWAG ITEM for your over achievements!
To be considered a Volunteer Group, your organization must be able to provide 15 or more volunteers. Group volunteer opportunities are great for schools, clubs, sport teams, fraternities, sororities, etc. To reserve volunteer spots for your group, please follow the instructions below:
- Complete a submission of the group volunteer registration form specific to the Rugged Maniac city you are interested in participating in.
- Wait until the Volunteer Manager follows up to confirm your group’s participation by sending a customized URL unique to your group.
- Once you receive this private registration link, have ALL group members register through this link and this link ONLY!
We are happy to provide either a donation for your organization OR free race entries for all group members OR verification of community service hours in exchange for your group’s volunteer services. All three options are great options for your group to have an incredible experience!
Groups will only be eligible for these benefits by fulfilling the committed volunteer hours and requirements.
GROUP REGISTRATION LINKS
Your flexibility is greatly appreciated as we ensure all participants and volunteers have an enjoyable experience! If you are no longer able to attend your volunteer shift, or have any other questions, please notify us as soon as possible by emailing the Volunteer Manager at [email protected].
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ!